- Online Programs
- Online Nursing Programs
- Online Education Programs
- Placement Services
- Get Started
- Apply Now
Become a Transformative Nurse Leader
Rockhurst University’s online Master of Science in Nursing-Leadership (MSN-Leadership) degree program prepares nurses to achieve new professional heights as transformative leaders in a variety of clinical and organizational leadership roles. Our online MSN-Leadership program will empower you to:
- Participate in an accredited program delivered by Saint Luke’s™ College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Develop skills in team building, critical thinking, problem-solving and ethical decision-making
- Choose to take this online MSN leadership program on a full-time (4 semesters) or part-time (6 semesters) basis depending on what works best for you
Guided by Jesuit values, Rockhurst University offers a purposeful learning experience that integrates professional and personal growth, emphasizing ethics, compassion and care for the whole person.
Health care innovation
meets academic excellence
for professional and personal growth
Business and Leadership skills
with the wisdom of nursing
- BSN from CHEA recognized school and nursing accreditation from CCNE or ACEN
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges attended
- Minimum BSN GPA: 3.0
- Active unencumbered registered nurse license
- 2 LORs (professional or academic)
- Graduate Statistics
- Personal Statement (400-800 words)
- 37 credit hours
- 200 practicum hours
- $734.69 per credit hour
- 2 starts per year
- 4 semesters (full-time)
- 6 semesters (part-time)
Leadership and Management
Integrate people management, organizational processes, and financial decision-making best practices for quality health care improvement.
Evidence-Informed Quality Improvement
Adopt a lifelong learning approach to nursing that draws upon research and data to ensure safety and quality for patients and organizations.
Health Care Systems and Policy
Serve as an effective and collaborative nurse leader from organizational, systems, and policy perspectives.
Students from a number of states are welcome to apply to the online MSN-Leadership program. Please see our State Authorization page for more detailed information.
The Saint Luke’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences is approved by the State of Missouri to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a participating institution, Saint Luke’s College may offer online programs to students in other SARA member states without seeking authorization in that state.
Rockhurst University and the Saint Luke’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The Master of Science in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*.
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Rockhurst University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.