- Online Programs
- Online Nursing Programs
- Online Education Programs
- Placement Services
- Get Started
- Apply Now
Shape the Future as a K-12 Education Innovator
Rockhurst University’s online Ed.D. in Education and Leadership program’s K-12 Leadership concentration is your doctoral pathway to a career as a primary and secondary education leader. With this two-year online degree, you will benefit from the specialized knowledge needed to address today’s rapidly changing educational environment so you can advocate for students and school systems.
In this program, you will build a deeper understanding of educational systems and policy and earn the credibility of your peers to:
- Advocate for inclusive policies and support their implementation.
- Bring a modern approach to the primary and secondary education sector.
- Provide better access to technology and a more engaging learning experience for your students.
The K-12 Leadership online Ed.D. is cohort-based to foster success and to help you build your network and connect with other leaders in your field.
- This program is part-time and 100% online, so you can continue to work while you earn your doctorate.
- A doctoral research capstone project at the end of the program synthesizes your studies into a publishable article and poster presentation.
Flexible and accessible program
can be completed in 2 years
Committed to change and innovation
for communities and causes
One research capstone project
puts theory into practice
- Master’s degree in any field OR completion of 33 graduate credits
- 3.0 GPA
- 2 Letters of recommendation (professional)
- Personal statement
- Research statement
- Transcripts from all universities attended
(Evaluations for international transcripts are required. WES and others are accepted.)
- 45 credit hours
- $800 per credit hour
- Part-time program
- 6 semesters/2 years
- 1 virtual residency
- 2 start dates per year
Educational Systems and Policy
Deepen your knowledge of historical and modern educational frameworks and the key issues shaping today’s K-12 landscape.
Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum
Draw upon learning theory to implement best practices in curriculum design, program assessment, and outcomes measures.
Use vital tools to conduct quantitative and qualitative research to solve problems in your practice.
Residents in all 50 states are eligible to apply to Rockhurst’s online Ed.D. in Education and Leadership program.
Rockhurst University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The School of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. Business courses in this program are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.