- Online Programs
- Online Nursing Programs
- Online Education Programs
- Placement Services
- Get Started
- Apply Now
Online Master of Science in Nursing–Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN-AGACNP)
Become an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner for Adults and Older Adults
Focus and advance your skills by caring for patients who are at their most vulnerable while also progressing in your career. Rockhurst University’s online MSN-AGACNP program provides:
- 100% online coursework in addition to clinical hours
- Flexibility with the option to choose to study full- or part-time
- Delivery by the highly respected Saint Luke's™ College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Full clinical placement services provided
- Transformative training to develop skills and individualized treatment plans to care for adults and older adults, in a variety of settings, with critical and chronic health conditions
- Opportunity to meet the growing need for nurse practitioners in this specialized area of acute care
Guided by Jesuit values, Rockhurst University prepares advanced practice nurses to care for the needs of the whole person through rigorous academics, rich and varied clinical experiences, and a spirit of inquiry and reflection.
Full-time or part-time
Graduate in 2 to 2.7 years
- BSN degree from an accredited institution
- Active RN license
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- 49 credit hours
- 600 clinical hours
- $734.69 per credit hour
- 3 starts per year
- 6 semesters (full-time)
- 8 semesters (part-time)
- 1 campus immersion
- 1 virtual immersion
Advanced Practice Nursing Foundations
Incorporate scientific and theoretical concepts from nursing and other relevant disciplines to improve nursing practice in a variety of settings
Evidence-Informed Quality Improvement
Adopt a lifelong learning approach to care that draws upon research and data to ensure safety and quality for patients and organizations
Leadership, Systems, and Policy
Serve as an effective and collaborative nurse leader from organizational, systems, and policy perspectives
Students from a number of states are welcome to apply to the online Master of Science in Nursing–Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program. Please see our State Authorization page for more detailed information.
Saint Luke’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences is approved by the State of Missouri to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a participating institution, Saint Luke’s College may offer online programs to students in other SARA member states without seeking authorization in that state.
Rockhurst University and Saint Luke’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The online Master of Science in Nursing–Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*.
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Rockhurst University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.