- Online Programs
- Online Nursing Programs
- Online Education Programs
- Placement Services
- Get Started
- Apply Now
Rockhurst University’s online Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) and Post-Master’s FNP programs each include one campus immersion as part of the curriculum. Learn more about what to expect and what you’ll gain from this hands-on experience.
- Online FNP students will attend one clinical immersion on the Rockhurst campus in Kansas City, Missouri for two days of clinical instruction in the new, state-of-the-art simulation lab and renovated nursing facilities. They will also engage in one virtual immersion to further hone their skills.
Campus Immersion Activities
- Receive hands-on skills training
- Review practicum policies, pre-clinical HIPAA and clinical readiness requirements
- Complete high-fidelity and low-fidelity simulations
- Demonstrate your skills through an Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE)
After the Immersion
- Following the campus immersion, students will return home and continue their online coursework. Additionally, they will complete the rest of their clinical hours at a predetermined site under the direct supervision of a licensed preceptor and the indirect supervision of a Rockhurst clinical faculty supervisor.