This article has been updated on March 13, 2023.
May is National Nursing Month and although we appreciate and support nurses every month of the year, May is a special time to celebrate the healthcare heroes who care for patients and improve the lives of individuals across the world. In recognition of nurses, many companies offer Nurses Week deals and Nurses Week freebies, including everything from 50% off to free products and services.
It’s important for nurses to take time off, tend to their mental health, and put their health first so they have the energy and ability to tend to the health of patients. If you are currently working or have previously worked in the nursing profession, we want to say thank you. Thank you for your selfless service and dedication. Thank you for brightening the lives and touching the hearts of your patients. We are so grateful for the positive and lasting difference you make in the world. It’s a good time to treat yourself and take a moment to celebrate your many achievements!
Join Us In Celebrating Nurses Everywhere
Nurses make up the largest healthcare profession in the United States, with more than 3.8 million registered nurses (RNs) nationwide and 84.5% of all licensed RNs working in nursing. As a result, nurses make up the backbone of the healthcare system; they improve patient outcomes, empower doctors and other healthcare professionals, and support and educate patients and their families.
Although it’s vital that we as a community express our appreciation for nurses, we can do more for nurses. We must come together and protect nursing professionals by engaging in the following:
Aiding nursing burnout caused by staffing shortages by providing quality education to the next generation of nurses.
Supporting the cultivation of a healthy work environment to boost retention rates and increase camaraderie among nurses through the adequate training and education of both nurses and nursing leadership. Additionally, creating a safe and comfortable environment by protecting nurses from workplace harassment or hostility.
Ensure nurses and all healthcare workers have access to mental health support, timely and adequate pay, sick leave, insurance, and access to educational resources required to respond to healthcare needs
What Nurses Week Deals Can I Get During Nurses Month?
It’s time to treat yourself! There are a number of companies that offer special discounts to nurses and other healthcare workers in recognition of the difference you make. To celebrate Nurses Month, we’ve put together a list of discounts and Nurses Week freebies that you can access as a nurse.
Shoes and Apparel Deals
- Nike: 10% off, up to $500
- L.L. Bean: 10% off
- Sperry: 30% off
- Under Armour: 20% off
- Puma: 20% off
- Levi’s: 15% off
- Adidas: 20% off
- Reebok: 50% off
- Asics: 40% off
- Tortuga: 20% off
- Calvin Klein: 20% off
- Lululemon: 15% off
- Carhartt: 25% off
Health and Wellness Deals
- Theragun: 20% off
- Peloton: $200 USD off accessories or accesory packages with the purchase of a Peloton Bike, Bike+ or Tread
- Ring: 20% off
Home Goods Deals
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off
- Purple: 10% off
- Casper: 20% off
- Tuft & Needle: 15% off
- Saatva's Luxury Mattress: $225 off your order of $1,000 or more
Electronics and Internet Deals
- Samsung: up to 30% off
- Verizon: up to $40 off when combining Verizon unlimited wireless and Fios internet plans
Food and Hospitality Deals
- Home Chef: 50% off the first box, 10% off ongoing
- Green Chef: 70% off and free shipping on first box, and on-going 15% off
- Blue Apron: $110 off and free shipping on the first box
- KIND: 15% off and free shipping
- Thrive Market: Free membership
Most of these companies will require verification of identity through either Sheer ID or ID.me in order to access the discounts. Rockhurst University is not partnered with any of these brands and does not benefit from these links being used. These discounts are not exclusive to Nurses Month but are subject to change.
Advance Your Nursing Career At Rockhurst University
Rockhurst University offers the ideal online programs for nurses who are ready to advance their careers. Earn your master’s degree in nursing and join one of the largest, fastest-growing professions in the U.S. With Rockhurst’s robust online curriculum, state-of-the-art simulation lab, and flexible course options, achieving career satisfaction and higher earnings are well within your grasp.
Rockhurst University offers the following online programs:
- Online Hybrid Accelerated Bachelor Of Science In Nursing (ABSN)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing–Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing–Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN-AGACNP)
- Online Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner (Second Degree MSN-FNP) (Post-Master's FNP)
- Online Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate Program (AGACNP Post-Master's Certificate)
- Online Master Of Science In Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner And Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Dual Track (MSN Dual Track)
We invite you to learn more about Rockhurst University’s online nursing programs.