- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Faculty Fellow
- Ph.D. Education, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.A. Linguistics, Ohio University
- B.A. Education, Middle East Technical University
Professional Licensures and Certifications
- Missouri English for Speakers of Other Languages (K-12), Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - 2021
- Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation Certification - 2021
- Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom, Columbia University EdX - 2021
- Certified CAEP Site Visitor, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation - 2020
- Missouri Secondary English Teaching Certification (9-12), Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - 2020
- Missouri School Board Association Certification - 2019
Dr. Guler is an associate professor of education and the director of the Ed.D. program at Rockhurst University. Her research interests include preparing teachers to teach culturally and linguistically diverse students and the internationalization of higher education. She was a Global Teacher Education fellow in 2017-18 and was co-lead on several grant projects.
Her book, Optimizing Elementary Education for English Language Learners, was published in 2018. Her second book, At School in the World: Developing Globally Competent Teachers, will be available on December 15, 2022. In addition, Guler serves as series editor for the Globalization of Teacher Education book series at Rowman and Littlefield.